- Wikipedia is multilingual, free and largest and most popular content website on the internet
- It’s one of the top 10 most visited website on the planet
- Wikipedia protects your content against vandalism and has a well-defined editing and review process
How to create a Wikipedia page?
- The page should be about a notable topic and should not violate any copyright law
- You can only create an article is you’re confirmed user or use their ‘Articles for Creation’ process
- You have to provide reference link/citation against every statement or paragraph. Hence, you will need reliable media coverage / press coverage to start with
Things to remember before you start creating a Wikipedia page
- Adhere to their
- Neutral point-of-view policy which means representing fairly, proportionately, without any bias
- Make verifiable points from reliable sources. Reliable sources mean coverage from a newspaper, media, magazine or a credible blog website
- Do not states opinions, quoting is allowed
A page which does not adhere to these guidelines is marked for speedy deletion which means they delete the Wikipedia page and media associated with it immediately.
- If you’re creating a page for a Company’s top-level executive then you use Wikipedia: Autobiography format and guidelines
- If you’re creating a page for your Company then it can result in ‘conflict of interest’ as per Wikipedia’s policy. The best approach is finding an independent, reliable source who can do it for you
- The Company’s product page can only be created if they’ve received reputable news coverage. This does not include press releases